Sunday 19 August 2007

Give me liberty! or give me Fiddle Faddle!!



So everything went as planned this weekend, including my face off with the entertainment center I started to build a month ago, I agree it looks much better put together than a pile of wood I hid in the corner, as if it were a mark of shame. We filmed 2 off 3 weddings as one was called off. And this one chick we've done 2 wedding videos for in the last year wanted a 3ed one done, I think she just hooks up with pimps in SL and uses em until they realise they arnt getting any RL booty from her pixels. Ill be editing the 2ed when i get home, I finished filming before coming to work. Oh and I start class today =D

This weekend too was the mark of my 2 years in the Air Force, and Jen pulled a little sneaky sneaky gift with help from our buddy Rico. He did some awesome Photoshop work on her pictures, its cool to know Rico for so long and see him improve with each little detail. So that was awesome cause Ive never had anyone do any kind of personal gift for me before. Besides of course the awesome Jen videos she's surprised me with, of all our pictures over time and SL goodness.

Now HERE is where I bust out the game talk about a new xbox 360 game I picked up
Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars

This game was released 5 months ago, and now I can see exactly how Starcraft 2 will be when it does come out, based off the game play videos blizzard's released it looks almost exactly like it, just on earth. Considering Blizzard doesn't release any game until is absolutely ready - its probably going to be into 2008. Well I beat the game in 2 days as the "good guys" for maybe 10 hours total, and still have the bad guys side to play. I suck against the computer on medium difficulty so the hell im going to start going on xbox live lol. Review wise, loads of replay value since its all about PvP, cant wait to play on live, and the graphics are bad ass. Im sure there are lag problems on Xbox live considering how many units are in game at one time. But C&C3 is straight up bad ass if you were any kind of Warcraft 1-2-3, or Starcraft fan.



While googling pictures I came across an interview with Rob Pardo, vice president of game design at Blizzard Entertainment, which some things I all ready knew such as the mindset of blizzard when developing. But he goes into a lot more specifics which I think is a really awesome way of approaching a project. Especially how they develop based off the interest of the teams developing rather than say "we want this game, and this is the deadline". If they feel a game is going in the wrong direction, they'll scrap 1/2 the game, and reroute it. Cant say how many ideas Ive scrapped before because they were going in the wrong direction or I just wasn't feeling it. Its hard to go back on that project and think about it a different way to create it sometimes.

cant wait to go home and get some sleep. Im glad class is only 2 days a week otherwise I don't know how I would get anything else done project wise, work or NSS. I all ready started building the green screen set for a fun music video I wanna do, its a new green screen idea ill be pulling off. Ive been slacking with fun videos, so since I'm getting back into SL more now a days im feeling em. Not to mention Rico and some other Buddy's are more in SL now too so I get to hang with em, for a little while we were all in different games.

When Sept comes around we'll be on 12's at work, 4 days working 3 days off. which is pretty sweet, me and Jen can plan some real trips now with constant 3 day weekends. And we'll be setting weekends every month that we will not be doing any weddings for business videos for company's, That way we can hit up crazy amounts of traveling.

Later days!

No comments: