Saturday 4 October 2008

3D Graphics is a GO!

I just got done finishing my crash course into creating sculpties for Second Life, and damn is it a lot to learn. Making sculpties is easily one of the most intimidating things you can do in SL. Mostly because you see awesome graphics real designers do, and SL isnt use to that kind of bad ass work. Heres an example of good shit-
Now: my n00b attempt - Its a penguin with a mow-hawk thing... or just a melted down bird.

In any case, my first time building was just as bad. And if you know me, I've come from that - to now a store with random cyberpunk stuff that is actually making me money! so Yip Yip! Either way I dont think it gets worse than this atleast, so I cant go downhill very far. Not bad for my first day though!
After being downrange in Iraq for 4 months, ive fallen far behind everything that is going on. Theres nothing I hate more than joining a trend when it hits the peak. Either way I have a bunch of new 3D graphic programs I've been playing with, and i'm just seeing what I like to use best. The biggest challenge is making sure the model is even able to upload into SL. With Zbrush it seems to be the easiest, and also Lightwave, but I havnt jumped into that yet for texturing.
After hours of reading up on Sculpties and watching videos, I have to give a HUGE thanks to http://www.shiny-life.com/. Where they have some great tutorials, and the Zbrush converter you will need to upload into SL. I'm pretty burnt out with that crap now so it looks like me and the wifey are gonna hit up the WARRRHAMMERRR!!!.


Later days!

No comments: