Thursday 18 October 2007

Womp!

Wow its amazing how much time I have free now to do whatever. Before hand it was coming home, hanging out with Jen for a little bit, and than needing to edit or film a wedding or business video. Before hand we did them to raise money, for a new computer, professional microphone, mixing board, another computer… hah, well now we’ve done that, and its cool as hell. So now we can continue to do what we’ve been trying to do, our own videos. Example, its almost a year now we did the N00b be gone videos which were big hit. But after the 2ed episode, that’s when we started getting all the company work and more weddings. Right now were finishing up on some last project which half way into Nov should they all be done. I’m sure I wont resist doing small one here and there just for the hell of it. We’ve all ready had to turn down 4 and its only been a week.

So while I finish doing those videos, I’m working step by step towards getting ready to start some of our new projects. We just posted a contest looking for some artist work for the site, NSS, or even a new name we may begin going under. Its great though knowing I have so much time now, I can focus on one project and brainstorm more with it, or figure out what should be done next. Hopefully we can pull it off =) even at work now I have more time to myself to do whatever, only thing I know is that it wont be like this permanently, so ill take advantage of the time while I can.

Still haven’t signed up for this quarters classes yet, not sure if I really want to either cause im not enjoying them. Maybe it’s the teachers or just the class but taking management sucked. Not the test or class material, but because your forced to think just one way, or forced to “think inside the box” which my entire life I cant recall doing that once… anytime I see an idea I automatically try and think of a more efficient way to do it or another way to go about something. Even in high school it didn’t seem it was “forced”, call me immature but maybe its just because learning about grown up stuff blows.

That’s not the main reason of course, its also because I’m currently 8 credits away from my associates in some “aerospace maintenance blah blah tech jargon” why would I want that! I hate working on planes!! Let alone spend any more time in getting a degree for them. What I’d love to do is go to the school we went to for the machinima fest. They have class’s for all the programs and editing im interested in, let alone a degree I could use along with knowledge that would be useful. Its said something like 1/3ed of your life (or 1/2 ) is spent working. Why would you want to despise all of that time doing something you dislike. Sure sometimes you may have to do it to trade in for comfort and dependability, but that’s still not guaranteed. Just like it isn’t even if you did a job you actually enjoy. *note to self, look for film colleges or editing around this area* I would almost be crazy enough just to drive 2 hours 2 days a week just to take classes there in order to get a degree in it and actually learn than waste my time with this BS.

Either way I just know I’m not going to let it stop me and continue to learn, as long as I have a connection to the internet, and a browser that doesn’t fail me, I’m set.

No comments: